Wyckoff Farm House Museum
5816 Clarendon Rd, Brooklyn, NY 11203
“New York’s First Historic Landmark” named so in 1965, The Wyckoff House Museum is the oldest colonial structure to be standing in New York City. It is located in East Flatbush Brooklyn.
“The Wyckoff House was begun about 1652 and Pieter Claesen Wyckoff, his wife, Grietje, and their eleven children occupied the oldest section for years. Modest additions were completed in the eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries. It remained the home of Wyckoff descendants until 1901. The house later fell into disrepair but was saved by the Wyckoff House Foundation, an arm of the Wyckoff House and Association, Inc., which bought the house in 1961. The house was named New York’s first historic landmark in 1965. To further preserve this historic property, the Wyckoff Association donated the house to New York City in 1970. In 1982, after an extensive restoration funded by the association, the house was opened as a living museum to honor the Dutch presence in America. The museum is still maintained and managed by the Wyckoff Association.”