34 States Plus Puerto Rico and Washington D.C. are now on New York’s Travel Advisory
The Governor today during his Press Tele-Conference:
“Our job is to make sure we’re doing everything we can to control COVID, which we are doing – anticipate possible future issues that might come along, and in that regard the future issues that we watch are the infection rate across the country spreading, number one,” said Governor Cuomo.
“Number two our compliance of the rules that we now have in place across the state. On the situation across the nation, it is still very bad, and there are more states that have exceeded our thresholds for quarantine. Illinois, Kentucky, Minnesota, Washington, D.C. are now added to the list. Puerto Rico is also added to the list so that means there are now 34 states, DC and Puerto Rico who are now on the quarantine list”
Folks coming in from such locations are subject to quarantine.
Yours truly has approached the Governor on this issue, yet more in the way of interstate commerce. An item not far off at all from folks coming in to NYS through the roads. He stated that 90% of those coming into the state are doing so through the airports and that State Government has no jurisdiction over our borders. In the end, anyone coming in through our borders by car are basically trusted to do the right thing and self-quarantine.
The full, updated travel advisory list is below:
- District of Columbia
- New Mexico
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Puerto Rico
- South Carolina
- Governor Cuomo: Travel Enforcement Operation at Airports to ensure Quarantine Restrictions
- Governor Cuomo: NY Employees Who Voluntarily Travel to High Risk States NOT Eligible for COVID-19 Paid Sick Leave
- Governor Cuomo Press Release – July 21 : 10 More States added to Watch List – Only 2 COVID Deaths in State
- Why NY Governor Andrew Cuomo Believes There Will Be A Second COVID-19 Wave
- Governor Cuomo Press Release – July 14, 2020 : More States Added to Quarantine List
- Governor Cuomo Lists Nine States From Which Visitors to Endure Mandatory Quarantine