Staten Island Historical Society
441 Clarke Ave, Staten Island, NY 10306
The Staten Island Historical Society operates Historic Richmond Town, New York City’s living history village and museum complex. Historic Richmond Town is comprised of more than 25 homes and public buildings, including the Voorlezer’s House, a National Landmark building dated to the 1690s, The Third County Courthouse from 1837, and PS 28, built in 1907, together recreating the history of over 300 years of continuous residence on Staten Island.
The Staten Island Historical Society is a center devoted to the presentation and examination of the changing American scene, especially the experiences of Staten Island and its neighboring communities. Historic Richmond Town is a joint project of the independent Staten Island Historical Society and the City of New York through the Department of Cultural Affairs, and is a member of the Historic House Trust.