The Festival of Independence at the South Street Seaport 2016
July 3 & 4, 2016
The Festival of Independence will be rolling around once again this year for the 2016 Celebration at the Seaport. On hand will be musical performances, food offerings, drinks for the young ones and the adults and of course the grand fireworks!
The annual ‘Festival of Independence’ returns to the Seaport District this Fourth of July weekend. The two-day celebration of independent art, music, fashion and culinary offerings – running July 3rd and July 4th from 1pm to 9pm – will invigorate the historic streets with music curated for the first time in partnership with Noisey, VICE’s music and culture channel, with a dedicated stage on Fulton Street. In addition, The Howard Hughes Corporation will sponsor a second stage at Peck Slip on July 4th from 1pm to 8pm with family programming geared to the fast-growing residential population of Lower Manhattan.
On July 3rd and July 4th, a line-up of independent artists hand-selected by Noisey will perform on Fulton Street along with family entertainment on Peck Slip. The line-up ranges from rock to soul to hip-hop.
Sunday, July 3rd on the Noisey Stage on Fulton Street from 1pm to 9pm:
- Public Access TV 3:00 PM
- Yumi Zouma 5:00 PM
- Porches 6:30 PM
- Wild Nothing 8:00 PM
Monday, July 4th on the Noisey Stage on Fulton Street from 1pm to 9pm:
- MeLo-X 3:30 PM
- Phony PPL 5:00 PM
- R.A.M 6:30 PM
- Lee Fields and The Expressions 8:00 PM
- Jonathan Toubin DJ set 9:00 PM
Monday, July 4th on the Peck Slip Stage from 1pm to 8pm:
- Live music performances with family entertainment during the afternoon leading into cool indie rock in the evening
- Clifford the Big Red Dog and Friends 2:15 PM
- Marcus Monroe Juggling Show 3:00 PM
- Tim and the Space Cadets 4:00 PM
- The Lemon Twigs 5:00 PM
- The Mystery Lights 6:00 PM
- Woods 7:00 PM
- Smorgasburg at the Seaport, now in the Fulton Market Building, will be showcasing a variety of vendors offering globally-influenced cuisine in the Historic District along with a new outdoor bar.
- Audiences will enjoy views along the East River of the 40th Anniversary Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks®, sponsored in part by The Howard Hughes Corporation. Two barges are set to be located just off the end of Pier 17 as part of the program.
- The Seaport Culture District at 117 Beekman, the acclaimed arts initiative now in its second year, has brought together a dynamic gathering of cultural partners to the storied streets of the Seaport District. The Parsons School of Design exhibit – IMPACT! – will be open extended hours over the Festival weekend featuring a wide range of creative and design-related industries that have emerged in recent years in Lower Manhattan, including architecture, graphic design, fashion, interactive media, film and video and industrial and product design.