481 8th Avenue
New York, NY 10001
The 15th Annual Bruce Bowyer Memorial Chess Tournaments
At the Hotel New Yorker
@ 8th Avenue & 34 Street, New York City, NY • tel: 212.971.0101
March 22 & 23, 2014
**Note: The Grand Prix will be held on Saturday and the Scholastic will be held on Sunday
Also, they are in a different room at the New Yorker this year, check the lobby sign for Floor#
Info: [email protected] or (Pat Bowyer) 516.641.4521
**You MUST bring clocks and sets, none will be provided
$$$ Payment & entries must be received by Monday, March 17th at the latest
- Saturday, MAR 22: Grand Prix GPP: 10 New York
- 15th Annual Bruce Bowyer Memorial GP. 4SS, G/45, d5
- $$G: $250-$175-$125, U2200 $100, U2000 $75, U1800 $60.
- Reg: 11:15-11:45
- Rds: 12-1:45-3:45-5:30pm.
- Ent: Cks or MO payable to Pat Bowyer
(be sure to specify “Grand Prix, Saturday”), c/o PAR Group, Inc
119 N. Park Avenue, Suite 303, Rockville Centre, NY 11570
- Limit 70 players & NO door ents.
Saturday, MAR 22 evening: Possible Bughouse team tourney, starting time: 8pm
5 minute Swiss or roundrobin depending on # of entries.
2 players per team.
- EF: $5/player.
- Cash to top team
Sunday, MAR 23: 15th Annual Bruce Bowyer Memorial SCHOLASTIC Tournament
- 5SS, G/30, d5
- Open to all students thru grade 12, EF: $10.
- $$G: $200-$125-$75, U1800 $50, U1600 $40, U1400 $30, U1200 $25.
- Trophy to winner, tiebreak order: Cumulative, Median, Solkoff.
- Reg: 10:15-10:45,
- Rds: 11am-12:30-2:30-4pm-5:30
Entries MUST be received by MAR 17th!
Ck/MO payable to Pat Bowyer (be sure to specify Scholastic) c/o PAR Group Inc
119 N. Park Avenue. Suite 303, Rockville Centre, NY 11570
- limited to first 70 players, no door ents. Provide name,school, USCF rating, ID#, & exp date.
**NOTE: You *MUST* bring clocks and sets, none will be provided