32-01 Vernon Boulevard, Long Island City, NY 11106
Halloween Harvest Festival at Socrates Sculpture Park
Saturday, October 25, 2014 | 11:00 am – 3:00 pm
FREE. NO RSVP REQUIRED.
Join them this October 25th as they welcome fall with their annual Halloween Harvest Festival, exploring Mysteries from Around the World: Mummies, Monsters, and Myths!
– Costume and Art-making workshops led by Socrates artists and Free Style Arts Association
– Cooking demos + Harvest food activities led by Queens Action Council
– Hyakumonogatari: Japanese ghost stories read under the trees with Urban Librarians Unite
– Face Painting by Agostino Arts!
12pm & 2pm
– Public art and extreme action collide as the jaw-dropping, mini-action heroes of The STREB EXTREME ACTION Kid Company premiere a site-specific wild action event – don’t miss it!
– Concert by The Hell’s Gate Philharmonic, who will be performing their “hits” The Necropolis Rag, Old McDonald Had a Crypt and Zombie Cha, Cha Party as well as other frightening Halloween favorites. Be prepared to be scared!
– Annual Canine Costume Contest with LIC’s Pooches Sport & Spa
Harvest foods and fall delights sold by XXX Coffee, Shore Soup, Sweet Dream Pops, and their GrowNYC Greenmarket throughout the festival.