Generation to Generation Festival
Sunday, November 13 from 12:00 to 4:00 pm
Museum at Eldridge Street
12 Eldridge Street
Travel back in time to 1886 when the cornerstone for the Eldridge Street Synagogue was laid. Music, art, food demos, and fun historical activities celebrate the building’s 130th anniversary and bring to life the transformative Jewish immigrant experience. This event is Pay What You Wish.
- Take a 19th-century citizenship test
- Learn to make old-fashioned American pie
- Take photos at our “vintage” photo booth
- Hear performances of cantorial music and early 20th century tunes
- Enjoy enactments of dramatic moments from the synagogue’s early history with the National Yiddish Theatre Folksbiene
- Take a genealogy workshop & hear about a unique family history project from quiltmaker Pamela Phillips Olson
- Design your own time capsule with Reboot
- Do some old-fashioned “homework”
- Explore our historic sanctuary and permanent exhibition
- Dressing in period garb is encouraged!