Anime NYC Announces Schedule of Events for 2018 Show
November 16 – 18, 2018
Three Days of Panels, Screenings, Performances, and More Head to the Javits Center
New York, N.Y. (November 2, 2018) – Anime NYC powered by Crunchyroll, New York’s largest dedicated anime convention, will present three days of entertaining and educational programming about Japanese culture, the anime industry, gaming, and more at New York’s Javits Center (655 W 34th St) from November 16-18. A full schedule of events can be accessed now at www.animenyc.com, where fans can also purchase tickets, learn more about special guests, and more. General admission tickets are priced from $40-65.
Over 30,000 fans are expected to convene at Anime NYC to dive into even more exclusive screenings, talks with iconic creators and industry leaders, Japanese games, and incredible concerts than were featured at the inaugural show in 2017. With over 200 hours of programming planned, fans are sure to fill the three days with unforgettable experiences.
All Anime NYC events take place at the Javits Center unless otherwise indicated. Highlights from Anime NYC include:
Friday, November 16
- Anisong World Matsuri – Day 1 (7:00PM – OFF SITE at Hammerstein Ballroom, 311 W 34th St) Anime NYC is proud to welcome the globally renowned Anisong World Matsuri concert series to New York City for the first time! Anisong World Matsuri – the largest Japanese pop concert in the history of New York City – brings together headlining Japanese pop stars Luna Haruna, Konomi Suzuki, TRUE, and nano for a show-stopping concert. A separate ticket is needed to attend.
- North American Premiere of K: SEVEN STORIES “Memory of RED – BURN” (3:15PM – Main Stage) Join VIZ for the North American premiere of K: SEVEN STORIES “Memory of RED – BURN”! As the boys in Homura prepare a surprise birthday party for their princess Anna Kushina, the colorless king sets his plan to devour all the other kings in motion. Unaware of the danger, Totsuka Tatara heads out into the night to film one last video for Anna’s birthday gift. All attendees will receive a special giveaway item while supplies list.
- “That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime” Screening & Talk Show (6:00PM – Room 1) Come enjoy the first two episodes of “That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime” followed by a short panel featuring Director Yasuhito Kikuchi and Character Designer Ryoma Ebata.
- “Natsume Yujin-cho the Movie: Ephemeral Bond” North America Premiere (7:45PM – Panel Room 2) Ever since he was little, Takashi Natsume has been able to see what others could not – namely monstrous spirits known as the Yokai. Natsume’s late grandmother, Reiko, would challenge the Yokai to contests and the ones that lost had to sign a contract with her, binding their names to her “Yujin-cho.” Since inheriting the book, Natsume along with his self-proclaimed bodyguard Nyanko Sensei spends his days trying to return the names within the book to their rightful owners. Be the first to experience this enchanting tale at the North America premiere of “Natsume Yujin-cho the Movie: Ephemeral Bond”. Plus receive a free commemorative gift upon attending (while supplies last!)
- Arc System Works presents Kill-la-Kill: IF (1:15PM – Panel Room 3) Join members from the Arc System Works America team to find out juicy details on Kill-la-Kill: IF, the latest title from the premiere fighting game studio. Special guests from Studio TRIGGER will join the panel to answer questions and talk about new characters. Giveaways within!
- Inti Creates: Developing Japanese-Style Multiplayer Games on the Nintendo Switch (5:45PM – Panel Room 3) Takuya Aizu (Mega Man 9 & 10, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Gal*Gun, and more) and Yoshifumi Hashimoto (Rune Factory, Harvest Moon, and more) share their experiences with game development on the Nintendo Switch from a Japanese developer’s point of view and what it’s like to create multiplayer-focused action games.
- HIDIVE Presents: LGBTQ+ Representation in Anime (7:45PM – Panel Room 4) Explore how LGBTQ+ representation in anime has evolved over the last few years with special guest panelist, voice actor, and ADR director David Wald.
Saturday, November 17
- Anisong World Matsuri – Day 2 (5:00PM – OFF SITE at Hammerstein Ballroom, 311 W 34th St) Anime NYC is proud to welcome the globally renowned Anisong World Matsuri concert series to New York City for the first time! Anisong World Matsuri – the largest Japanese pop concert in the history of New York City – brings together headlining Japanese pop stars Morning Musume。’18, Hironobu Kageyama, Hiroshi Kitadani, and Shoko Nakagawa for a show-stopping concert. A separate ticket is needed to attend.
- “Fate/stay night [Heaven’s Feel]” Special Event featuring Aimer (1:00PM – Main Stage) Anime NYC, Aniplex of America and Sony Music Entertainment Japan are proud to host the “Fate/stay night [Heaven’s Feel]” special event featuring Aimer. This special celebration of the “Fate/stay night” series and the “Fate/stay night [Heaven’s Feel]” film trilogy will showcase the beloved English cast of the “Fate” series including Kari Wahlgren (voice of Saber), Cristina Vee (voice of Sakura Matou), Bryce Papenbrook (voice of Shirou Emiya) and Tony Oliver (English ADR Director and voice of Lancer) on stage. Don’t miss the electrifying concert as part of the event from Japanese songstress Aimer. A separate ticket is needed to attend.
- “Mob Psycho 100” II: World Premiere Screening (1:00PM – Panel Room 1) Are you ready for a brand-new episode of “Mob Psycho 100”? Come and join us for the world premiere screening of “Mob Psycho 100” II with a guest from Japan… the Japanese voice of Mob, Setsuo Ito! Claim your free giveaways, watch exclusive comment videos from cast and creators, and don’t miss your chance to win super special prizes.
- World Premiere of K: SEVEN STORIES “Circle Vision – Nameless Song” with Special Guests (3:45PM – Main Stage) Join VIZ for a memorable event with special guests featuring prize giveaways, Q&As and so much more! Afterwards, stay tuned for the world premiere of K: SEVEN STORIES “Circle Vision – Nameless Song”! Misaki Yata is still having a blast with Homura, Seri Awashima continues working diligently for SCEPTER 4, and Sukuna Gojo runs across the battlefield to fulfill the dream of JUNGLE. But as the days go by, some begin to realize that this perfect world where everyone is alive and happy seems too good to be true. All attendees will receive a special giveaway item while supplies last.
- “Mobile Suit Gundam NT (Narrative)” Panel presented by SUNRISE (3:00PM – Panel Room 1) Head to the official panel for “Mobile Suit Gundam NT (Narrative)”, the latest Gundam work set in the Universal Century, to hear the film’s producer Naohiro Ogata talking about the inside story of the production. The panel will also feature freshly made video clips of the film, set to be released this year in Japan and the United States, and a raffle will be held at the end of the event.
- Funimation Presents: “Fairy Tail” Final Season Panel & SimulDub Episode Premiere (6:00PM – Main Stage) Meet the voices of Natsu, Lucy and Happy as well as the ADR Director for the entire “Fairy Tail” series. Join an exciting panel with voice actors Todd Haberkorn, Cherami Leigh, Tia Ballard, and Director Tyler Walker and see the newest SimulDub episode from the final season of “Fairy Tail” before it’s available anywhere else. Plus, participate in Q&A and win free “Fairy Tail” promo items.
- “Kase-san and Morning Glories” Screening (7:30PM – Panel Room 2) Based on the manga series written by Hiromi Takashima, “Kase-san and…”, the enormously popular short form web anime “Your Light (Kimi no Hikari)” paved the way for “Kase-san and Morning Glories” – the long-awaiting film adaptation. The renowned director Takuya Sato (Steins;Gate,Selector) will attend the screening and panel along with his producer – Pony Canyon’s Yusuke Terada – to discuss the film’s universal themes.
Sunday, November 18
- “Never-Ending Man: Hayao Miyazaki” (2:45PM – Panel Room 2) GKIDS presents an Anime NYC exclusive sneak preview of the upcoming documentary “Never-Ending Man: Hayao Miyazaki”, which profiles the master filmmaker as he directs a new short film.
- Ramen Summit 2.0 (1:30PM – Panel Room 1) Featuring Keizo Shimamoto (Chef-owner – Ramen Shack / Ramen Burger) and Kenshiro Uki (VP of Operations – Sun Noodle / Ramen Lab) alongside amateur ramen cooks Mike Satinover (Akahoshi Ramen, Chicago), David Chan (Nichijou Ramen, Sacramento), and Josh Reisner (S2 MasterChef Junior, Top-8 finalist, NYC)! Ramen has taken America’s hearts and stomachs by storm with no signs of stopping. The infatuation with this dish borders on obsession with our Ramen Summit 2.0 panelists – three super-passionate amateur ramen cooks and their top industry Superstar mentors! Hear how they’ve each discovered endless inspiration, deep friendships, and a lifelong calling all in the name of spreading the love and deliciousness of craft ramen. Moderator and fellow amateur ramen cook Sho Spaeth (Senior Editor, Serious Eats) will lead this exciting discussion about American ramen culture followed by a Q&A.
- Funimation Presents: “Fairy Tail” Final Season Live Reading Panel (11:00AM – Main Stage) “Fairy Tail” fans, ever wanted to see your favorite voices acted in person? Funimation presents an exclusive opportunity for you to see the “Fairy Tail” voice actors read lines from the latest SimulDub episodes LIVE at a once-in-a-lifetime panel celebrating the last season of “Fairy Tail”.
- “Sound! Euphonium, The Movie I want to resonate with you…” (11:00AM – Panel Room 2) The anime series “Sound! Euphonium” purely and sincerely depicts high school girls growing through their experience in the school’s brass band. Ogawa Taichi – who oversaw the anime series’ second season – directs this film forming a central narrative axis around the characters of Kumiko and Asuka.
- Official “Sailor Moon” Panel (12:45PM – Main Stage) Join VIZ and members of the “Sailor Moon” cast as we celebrate all things “Sailor Moon”! Get ready for exclusive announcements, awesome prizes and most importantly MORE GLITTER! All attendees will receive a special giveaway item while supplies last.
- A Guide to Professional Gaming from the Women’s Perspective (1:30PM – Panel Room 2) A panel of women who are in various parts of the gaming field talk about their experiences in professional gaming, from team ownership, professional play, streaming, journalism and how other women can get into it.
- Blerds in Geekdom: Black Nerds, POCs, and Representation in Anime, Gaming and Comics (3:30PM – Panel Room 3) Blerd culture is on the rise in almost every geek genre! Where is the diversity and representation in YOUR fandom and how can the Blerd movement move the needle for ALL underrepresented groups?
For Anime NYC’s full schedule, special guest list and tickets, visit www.animenyc.com, and for the latest news and updates, follow Anime NYC on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AnimeNYC and on Twitter and Instagram at @AnimeNYC.
Contact Joanna Heaney at [email protected] or 202-888-3567 for more information about Anime NYC. Press interested in covering Anime NYC can apply for credentials at www.animenyc.com/pressapplication2018.
About Anime NYC
Anime NYC is New York City’s anime convention! A showcase of the best of Japanese pop culture in the biggest city in America, Anime NYC brings anime fans and publishers together for three days of unique exhibits, exclusive screenings, extensive panels, and appearances by some of the biggest creators in Japan. Join us for a celebration of Japanese animation, manga, cosplay, movies, food, fashion, travel, technology, toys, and games in the heart of NYC! For more, visit animenyc.com.
About LeftField Media
LeftField Media, LLC is an events company focused on developing face-to-face events in a range of communities rooted in contemporary culture and shared passion. LeftField was formed in 2014 by Greg Topalian (President, LeftField Media) and is now owned by Topalian and Clarion Events Ltd. With a keen sense of the evolving needs of businesses and their consumers, as well as new opportunities created by change, LeftField takes a clean slate approach to its work. LeftField’s portfolio includes Play Fair (playfairny.com), a family-focused celebration of toys and play built with the Toy Association; Awesome Con (awesomecon.com), Washington D.C.’s Comic Con; Rose City Comic Con (rosecitycomiccon.com), in Portland, OR; Anime NYC (animenyc.com), a Japanese pop culture festival presented by Crunchyroll; and the Classic Auto Show (theclassicautoshow.com), a vintage auto show launched in Los Angeles. LeftField Media is headquartered in historic Trumbull, CT. (leftfieldmedia.com).