Street Games 2017
Saturday, April 29, 2017
11:00 am – 3:00 pm
Thomas Jefferson Park, Manhattan
111th Street and First Avenue
Rain or shine
On Saturday, April 29, 2017, NYC Parks and the Walt Disney Company will host the 10th Annual Street Games at Thomas Jefferson Park in Harlem!
Street Games re-introduces classic, low-tech games played in the city in the 60s and 70s to a new generation of kids. The event is open to all ages and abilities.
Classic Street Games
- Pogo Sticks
- Hula Hoops
- Hippity Hop
- Box Car Derby
- Jumbo Games
- Obstacle Course
- Imagination Playground
- Ultimate Disc
- Wheelchair Basketball
Street Games is also more than just games! Join us for performances by a yo-yo master, hip-hop breakdancers, and the Dance Theatre of Harlem.
- Make your first stop to the NYC Parks booth to pick up a Street Games Passport! Complete 5 out of 10 of the activities on the passport to redeem a prize.
- The event ends promptly at 3:00 p.m., so come early to experience all the fun!
- Activity lines are subject to close early.
- Vendors will be on site selling food and drinks.
- Participants must sign a waiver to participate in some activities. The waivers will be provided at the event. Participants under the age of 18 must have a legal guardian present with photo identification to sign the waiver.
In the event of heavy rain or extreme weather, Street Games may be canceled. The decision to cancel the event will be made by 2:00 p.m. on Friday, April 28, 2017 and will be prominently posted on our website and social media channels.
For more information about this event, please call (212) 360-8214.