Free Concert In Times Square With Broadway Performers
A Great Day of Music & Entertainment for a Great Cause
Sunday, May 3
From 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Don’t miss these Broadway actors and other performers as they sing songs all day long to better the lives of children with special needs
Magical Music for Life Foundation is thrilled to present its fourth annual TUNES IN TIMES SQUARE benefit concert Sunday, May 3, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. on the Broadway Pedestrian Plaza between 46th & 47th Streets in Times Square. This event will be a continuous sing-a-thon, with members of the Broadway community, talented children & groups from the tri-state area, and the Magical Music singing groups taking turns on the stage. The goal of the concert is to raise awareness of their music and to raise funds for the production of more free, downloadable original songs written specifically for children with special needs and autism. The financial support also helps MMFL concertize and perform these songs for children in schools and community centers.
Last year’s TUNES IN TIMES SQUARE audience numbered in the thousands and the funds raised enabled Magical Music to complete new songs for their “Songs for Skills” library and concertize their first album for children with special needs into a musical revue. Their goal is to provide children of all abilities with music that engages and transforms the way they understand themselves, others, and the world around them. This year’s TUNES IN TIMES SQUARE proceeds will be used towards the production of more original songs including a new album to teach swimming and water safety skills. These meaningful songs will then be available at no charge to serve the specific needs of schools, family centers, therapists, parents, and children and as an accessible resource for people everywhere.
Highlights of the Day will include:
- Performances by the Magical Music Singers
- A debut performance of “A Day in the Life of a Child: Musical Revue” which has fun music for ALL children
- Performances by Broadway actors including: Amanda Anderson (Spotlight on Cabaret & The Tramp), Gaby Bradbury (Annie), Adriana Braganza (The King and I), Amaya Braganza (The King and I & Annie), Lynn Cheng (The King and I), Olivia Chun (The King and I), Samantha Cutler (Billy Elliot & Orange is the New Black), Saoirse Dempsey (NBC’s The Sound of Music Live), Jordan Hall (The Lion King), Ethan Holder (The King and I), James Ignacio (The King and I), Darius Kaleb (Motown The Musical), Corey Mach (Hands on a Hardbody & Godspell), Jibreel Mawry (Motown the Musical), Nathaniel Logan McIntyre (The Lion King), Dante Melluci (The School of Rock: The Musical – opening in 2015, Jenny Mollett (The Color Purple), Sydney Morton (Flashdance, Motown the Musical, Evita & Memphis), James Moye (On the Twentieth Century, Bullets Over Broadway & Million Dollar Quartet), Jennifer Noble (Ghost & We Will Rock You), Tyrah Syke Odoms (Annie & The Lion King), Gabriella Palminteri (Blue Bloods), Ellie Poon (A Christmas Story the Musical), Sam Poon (The King and I, MacBeth & Les Miserables), William Poon (The King and I & Beauty and the Beast), Jed Resnik (Avenue Q), Taylor Richardson (Annie, A Most Violent Year & Jack of the Red Hearts), Sadie Seelert (Mary Poppins & A Little Princess), Brooklyn Shuck (Matilda the Musical & Annie), Brionna Trilling (Billy Elliot), Ella Watts (NBC’s The Sound of Music Live), and Ashton Woerz (Pippin & Priscilla Queen of the Desert).
- Performances by many talented children and groups from the tri-state area
- Auction of tickets for Broadway and other NYC shows and events, backstage tours, autographed items, etc.
- Raffle prizes
Magical Music for Life, founded in 1999, is a nonprofit charitable organization whose mission is to use music to better the lives of children. Toward this end, MMFL has produced a wide range of musical projects which deliver positive messages to children. These projects include two family musicals (The Adventures of Zak and Russell, the Hermit Crab), which have been performed in professional theaters, schools, and hospitals throughout the northeast. MMFL has written songs for several national well-known charities and children with special needs & autism, as well as the Magical Music singing groups have performed at such venues as the White House, United Nations for the first World Autism Awareness Day, Citi Field Stadium, Tribeca Film Festival, and Times Square. Proceeds from these events have raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for children’s charities. This year’s TUNES IN TIMES SQUARE will be Magical Music’s fourth benefit concert involving the participation of hundreds of children. Besides last year’s TUNES, Magical Music for Life produced One Town … One Voice concerts to benefit Stand Up to Cancer and Habitat for Humanity’s Katrina Relief Fund.
For more information about Magical Music for Life, to hear their original music, or to make a donation supporting their mission of using music to better the lives of children, go to www.magicalmusic.org. Donations will also be gladly accepted at the event.