New York, NY 10024
Central Park Conservancy Ice Festival
Saturday, February 11, 2017
3:00 – 7:00 pm
Naumburg Bandshell (mid-Park from 66th to 72nd Streets)
Did you know that the Central Park Conservancy maintains Central Park’s collection of 50+ bronze and stone monuments year-round? On the weekend before Valentine’s Day, celebrate your love of Central Park’s sculptures at the sixth annual Ice Festival. Witness ice-carving artists from Okamoto Studio use electric chain saws, chisels, and picks to transform more than 6,000 pounds of ice into a glistening replica of one of Central Park’s most beloved statues.
As night falls, revel among colorful lights as the Mall becomes a vibrant silent disco with live DJs, all to celebrate the Central Park Conservancy’s preservation efforts.
- 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.: Live ice carving by Okamoto Studio
- 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.: Silent Disco with two DJs simultaneously spinning the best of the 80s, early 90s, and Top 40 hits into headphones powered by Quiet Events .
- Statue and monument restoration exhibit with Matt Reiley, Associate Director of Conservation and Preservation
- Central Park Conservancy trivia
- Bites, treats, and food truck fare for purchase at Uncle Gussy’s Greek, Crepe Crave, Wafels and Dinges, and Don Cafe
- Sculpting station: Mold your very own iconic Central Park statue
- Dazzling lights in a romantic Central Park setting