Kick-Off the Holiday Season with the
Arrival of the 2019 Rockefeller Center® Christmas Tree
Saturday, November 9
8:30 am – 11:00 am: Tree driven onto plaza and craned into place
11:00 am – 2:00 pm: Free family-friendly activities
Rockefeller Center, Between 49th & 50th Streets and 5th & 6th Avenues
Free, Family-Friendly Activities From
On The Concourse Level Of Rockefeller Center
Children of all ages are invited to be among the first to catch a glimpse of the 2019 Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree and enjoy free, family-friendly activities and performances on Saturday, November 9th from 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. at Rockefeller Center, located between 49th – 50th Streets and 5th-6th Avenues, Manhattan.
Among the day’s free offerings on the Concourse Level of Rockefeller Center are:
- Live performances by Rock and Roll Playhouse where children can dance, move, play, and sing-along to the music of some of the most iconic musicians in rock history. Rock and Roll Playhouse uses music to educate children and explore their creativity.
- Art Sundae with Angelica Hicks: As part of the year-long Art in Focus program presented by Rockefeller Center in partnership with Art Production Fund, London- and New York-based artist Angelica Hicks will lead an illustration workshop for children of all ages.
- Christmas tree-themed face painting and balloon art giveaways.
- Children who are early risers and have extra holiday spirit are welcome to watch the tree be driven onto Rockefeller Plaza on a 115-foot-long trailer and hoisted into position by a massive crane from approximately 8:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Kids can take their photo in front of the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree and receive a free printout and digital copy.
- Finally, free packets of Norway Spruce tree seeds will be handed out on-site, so children can plant their own trees at home and maybe one day be the proud donor of the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree!