AMERICAN LYRIC THEATER
A Toast to Ten Years
Friday, November 17, 2017 at 7:00 pm
American Lyric Theater presents A Toast to Ten Years, a wine tasting recital in celebration of the 10th Anniversary of the company’s lauded Composer Librettist Development Program (CLDP), on Friday, November 17, 2017 at 7pm at The Players, 16 Gramercy Park South, NYC. Tickets are $125 ($50 tax-deductible) and $250 ($175 tax-deductible), and tables of four are available at $500 ($200 tax-deductible) and $1,000 ($700 tax-deductible).
Tickets may be purchased by calling 646.216.8298, or visiting www.altnyc.org/a-toast-to-ten-years
The event will be a wine tasting recital, during which attendees will have the opportunity to taste seven different wines that have been paired with excerpts from seven different operas developed by CLDP alumni, which have been produced across the country. The evening will be hosted by ALT’s founder and producing artistic director Lawrence Edelson with Heather Meyer, East Coast regional manager for Winemonger Imports.
The evening will include excerpts from:
- Invisible Cities (Christopher Cerrone*) – world premiere at The Industry, LA, 2013, nominated for The Pulitzer Prize in Music
- The Long Walk (Jeremy Howard Beck*/Stephanie Fleischmann*) – world premiere at Opera Saratoga, 2015
- JFK (David T. Little/Royce Vavrek*) – world premiere at Fort Worth Opera, 2016
- Why is Eartha Kitt Trying to Kill Me? (Jeffrey Dennis Smith*/David Johnston* ) – concert premiere at (le) poisson rouge; world staged premiere at Urban Arias, 2018
- Embedded (Patrick Soluri*/Deborah Brevoort*) – world premiere at Fargo Moorhead Opera, 2014
- After the Storm (David Hanlon/Stephanie Fleischmann*) – world premiere at Houston Grand Opera, 2016
- Thumbprint (Kamala Sankaram*/ Susan Yankowitz) – world premiere at the PROTOTYPE Festival, 2014
*indicates alumni of the CLDP