3rd Annual Space & Science Festival To Celebrate Innovation
At The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum
Wednesday, July 16 – Sunday July 20
Experience an exciting celebration of space, STEM (science, technology, engineering and math), and innovation at the 3nd annual Space & Science Festival at the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum, located at Pier 86 (46th Street and 12th Avenue) in Manhattan, from Wednesday, July 16 – Sunday, July 20.
The festival will offer guests a variety of interactive displays, activities, exhibitions and presentations, as well as astronaut appearances, an astronomy night, and a free movie screening on the flight deck of the Intrepid.
Highlights of the Space & Science Festival include:
- Free screening of the epic science fiction thriller Gravity (2013) on Intrepid’s Flight Deck on the evening of Thursday, July 17, doors open at 7:30pm;
- Meet and greets, presentations and autograph signings with NASA astronauts from Friday, July 18 – Sunday, July 20;
- Free “Astronomy Night” under the stars, with local astronomers on hand with high-powered telescopes to help visitors navigate the night sky and offer talks and demonstrations on space science and cosmic wonders on the evening of Friday, July 18 at 7:30PM;
- Displays, hands-on activities and demonstrations from NASA and other science partners;
- Education demonstrations and space-themed Tour Guide Talks from the Intrepid Museum staff.
All activities taking place on Pier 86 are free and open to the public, while programs and activities inside the Museum and the Space Shuttle Pavilion are free with Museum admission. All events and appearances are subject to change. For a complete schedule of events, visit www.intrepidmuseum.org.