TRIBECA/ESPN SPORTS DAY
Saturday, April 27 from 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
N. Moore Street (between Greenwich Street and West Street)
A perennial favorite of the Family Festival Street Fair, the seventh annual Tribeca/ESPN Sports Day will take place on Saturday, April 27, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., on N. Moore Street (between Greenwich Street and West Street). The Tribeca/ESPN Sports Day gives sports fan the opportunity to engage in a variety of free, sports-related activities that will include games, demonstrations and prize giveaways. In addition, some of New York’s most popular athletes, mascots and sports personalities will make guest appearances throughout the day.
- ESPN New York will be on hand giving fans the chance to take home great memorabilia and get their picture taken behind the ESPN New York desk.
- NFL PLAY 60, the NFL’s campaign to encourage kids to be active for 60 minutes a day, will be guiding festival goers through fun football agility drills and will offer great giveaways.
- Fathead®, the leading brand of sports and entertainment graphics, will have life-size standees of well-known professional athletes on the Tribeca/ESPN Sports Film Festival red carpet for sports fans to pose with.
- Join the New York Rangers for an interactive hockey experience, giveaways, contests & prizes for all ages.
- The New York Mets will offer a special ticket giveaway.
- The Downtown Giants Youth Football organization will offer football instruction and fun activities.
- Fencers Club Olympians and elite athletes will be on hand to teach kids the exciting and safe sport of fencing.
- Visit with the Staten Island Yankees, meet their mascot Scooter the Holy Cow, and try your luck on the Baby Bombers skeeball inflatable.
- The National Lacrosse League will bring a fun, inflatable lacrosse activity.
- The National Hockey League Foundation will offer great giveaways throughout the day.
- Get your run on with fun activities and games from New York Road Runners.
- New York Women’s Baseball will run pitching and throwing clinics.
- Tribeca Sailing NYC, launching soon from Pier 25 in Tribeca, will have fun sailing games, instruction and prizes and will help youth practice their knot tying skills.
- Players from New York Empire will offer giveaways and provide Ultimate instruction.
- The NY Rumble, a professional Ultimate Frisbee Team, will be holding contests for free merchandise and tickets, as well as teaching about the fastest growing sport in the country: Ultimate Frisbee.
- Uncle Funkys Boards and Sure Skateboards will be on-hand to provide beginner skateboard lessons and skate demonstrations.
- The Myachi Original Hand Sack masters will be on site with their award winning Battle Paddles and tricks.
- DiscNY will teach you the basics of throwing and test your accuracy with a variety of disc games.
- City Parks Foundation area will host a custom-built practice green where kids can test their putting skills and win prizes.
- Cricket will return to Sports Day with cricket demonstrations presented by www.newyorkcricket.com.
- Jump in the ropes and learn to double dutch jump rope with the instructors of Double Dutch Empire.
- Sky Blue FC, New Jersey’s franchise in the National Women’s Soccer League, will be giving away free tickets and information on their upcoming season.
- The New York Red Bulls will be onsite with their exciting Red Bulls Street team showing off ball tricks and teaching youth new soccer skills.