Macy’s 4th Of July Fireworks® Celebration
Viewing Party To Be Held
At The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum
Tickets To Five Different Packages Overlooking The
Hudson River Open To The Public
July 4, 2013
View the legendary Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks® celebration overlooking the Hudson River from the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum located at Pier 86 (46th Street and 12th Avenue, Manhattan) on Thursday, July 4th. Doors open at 7:00 PM and fireworks are scheduled to start at approximately 9:20 PM.
The 4th of July festivities aboard Intrepid will include:
- Prime viewing location of the Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks® celebration overlooking the Hudson River;
- Opportunity to tour the IntrepidMuseum – the Hangar Deck will be open exclusively for fireworks guests beginning at 7:00 PM; tickets that include a guided tour are also available
- Simulcast of Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks® Musical Score.
Tickets to five different viewing locations at the IntrepidSea, Air & SpaceMuseum go on sale Wednesday, June 12.
- Flight Deck Seating includes a guided tour of the ship Intrepid, the Concorde, the fastest commercial airplane in existence, or the Cold War-era Growler submarine, and allows guests to view the fireworks spectacular from the top deck of the Intrepid.
- Pier Seating allows guests to view the fireworks spectacular from the very end of Pier 86. Additionally, guests will also be able to mingle underneath the British Airways Concorde.
- Starboard Elevator Seating provides guests with the opportunity to watch the fireworks spectacular from what once operated as an aircraft elevator.
- Starboard Balcony Seating allows guests to watch the fireworks spectacular from one of two large outdoor balconies overlooking the Hudson River.
- Fantail Seating allows guests to view the fireworks spectacular from the furthest aft (western) part of the Hangar Deck.
Guests can enjoy complimentary food and nonalcoholic beverages, and cash bars will be available throughout the event.
Tickets are available for $175 – $225. Children under the age of three are free of charge when sitting on an adult’s lap. The event is rain or shine. No outside food and drink is permitted.
Exclusive pre-sale for museum members runs from Monday, June 10-Tuesday, June 11. To become a museum member and enjoy free yearly admission, special discounts and special events, please visit the museum’s website.
For more information or to purchase tickets, visit www.intrepidmuseum.org.
About the Museum
Now home of the Space Shuttle Enterprise, the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum complex includes the 900-foot-long aircraft carrier Intrepid; the guided missile submarine Growler; and an extensive collection of 27 aircraft including the A-12 Blackbird, the fastest plane in the world, and the British Airways Concorde, the fastest commercial aircraft in the world. Guests can experience areas of the ship including the Flight Deck, Hangar Deck, fo’c’sle (commonly known as the anchor chain room), new multimedia presentations and exhibit collections, interactive educational stations and a state-of-the-art public pier.
Guests to the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum also can experience the 12,240 square-foot interactive Exploreum – which contains a variety of hands-on exhibits – that teaches guests about the different properties of the sea, air, space and living at sea as each relates to the ship Intrepid. In the Exploreum, guests can experience a flight simulator, transmit messages using Morse code, sit on the bunk of a crewmember, learn how the Intrepid turned salt water into fresh water and perform various tasks while wearing space gloves.
April 1 – October 31:
Monday – Friday, 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday-Sunday, 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
November 1 – March 31:
Monday-Sunday, 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Museum Cost of Admission:
Seniors and College Students: $20.00
Youth 7-17: $19.00
Child 3-6: $12.00
Active Military, Retired Military and Children Under 3: Free
Tickets are available for purchase on the Intrepid’s website, www.intrepidmuseum.org.
Pier 86 (46th Street and 12th Avenue), Manhattan
Directions by NYC Metro Bus:
Take cross-town buses west. M34 (34th Sts), M42 (42nd St.) or M-50 (49th St.) to 12th Ave. and Hudson River. Intrepid is a short walk North from the M34 and M42. The M50 drops off immediately in front of the Intrepid.
Directions by NYC Metro Subway:
Take the A, C, E, N, Q, R, S, 1, 2, 3 or 7 train to 42nd St., then walk or take the M-42 West Bus to Hudson River (12th Ave). Walk North to Intrepid.
Directions from Water:
Take New York Water Taxi to Pier 84 and walk a block north to the IntrepidMuseum. Or from New Jersey take the New York Waterway to Midtown (38th Street) and walk north on 12th Ave to the museum.